Register of Resources (RoR)
|Biodiversity of marine benthic communities along ecological gradients|
Dutch title: Biodiversiteit van marine benthische gemeenschappen langsheen ecologische gradiënten
Reference no: P102/12050398
Period: January 1998 till December 2005
Thesaurus terms: Benthic communities; Benthos; Biodiversity; Food webs; Marine biology
|| Top |
- Ghent University; Faculty of Sciences; Biology Department; Marine Biology Section (MARBIOL), more
- Ghent University; Faculty of Sciences; Biology Department; Laboratory of Protistology and Aquatic Ecology (PAE)
|Objectives are |
- To contribute to the inventarisation of the global biodiversity of marine benthic communities, including microbenthos, meiobenthos, macrobenthos, hyperbenthos and epibenthos.
- To investigate patterns in marine benthic biodiversity on different spatial scales along several ecological gradients.
- To investigate the relationships between biodiversity and various measures of system productivity and other environmental factors along several ecological gradients.
- To determine the partitioning of biodiversity between the different benthic compartments.
- To determine the relationship between food-web structure and biodiverisity of the benthos.
- To identify indicator taxa (species or species groups) to be used as target organisms (or groups of organisms) for comparision of global patterns of biodiversity.
- To investigate the relationship between phenotypical and genotypical of micro- and meiobenthic indicator taxa.
If any information here appears to be incorrect, please contact us
Back to Register of Resources